[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Porting Gnu-LD / AmigaDOS Object Modules

billk@pnet01.cts.com (Bill W. Kelly) (01/15/89)

A good book to get hold of would be the "AmigaDOS Technical Reference Manual."

It contains all of the information you will need to know to be able to create
your own executable files.  (Also has all the info. on how AmigaDOS
directories and files are actually stored on disk, documentation for all of
the AmigaDOS structures (like FileHandle, FileLock, DevInfo, CLIStruct, etc.),
and documentation for all of the AmigaDOS packets.)

Get this manual and you'll be all set.
--
Bill W. Kelly
{nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!billk   crash!pnet01!billk@nosc.mil

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (01/18/89)

billk@pnet01.cts.com (Bill W. Kelly) wrote:
>A good book to get hold of would be the "AmigaDOS Technical Reference
>Manual." ... Get this manual and you'll be all set.

It doesn't have the 'new' hunks that John Toebes defined (via
blink/lattice) that apparently CBM blessed but it's got enough to make
an executable.  I don't think Alink or the Manx linker know/use the
new hunks either.

Anyway, thought you'd like to know if you're building a hunk parser.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
Have five nice days.

mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Michael Portuesi) (01/18/89)

billk@pnet01.cts.com (Bill W. Kelly) writes:
> A good book to get hold of would be the "AmigaDOS Technical Reference Manual."
> It contains all of the information you will need to know to be able to create
> your own executable files.

"The AmigaDOS Technical Reference Manual" used to be a book all its
own, but it is now contained in the Bantam "AmigaDOS Reference Manual"
which should be obtainable for about $25 at your local bookstore (I
bought mine at a B. Dalton).

--
Michael Portuesi / Information Technology Center / Carnegie Mellon University
INET:   mp1u+@andrew.cmu.edu / BITNET: mp1u+@andrew

"I'm very sorry, Master, but that WAS the backup system" -- Slave