[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Mouse interupts

wn0e+@andrew.cmu.edu (William Nichols) (01/21/89)

I am interested in writing an real time application for the Amiga.  I have two
questions. Can application execution be interupt driven thourgh the second mouse
port? (or the serial or parallel ports)  If so which manual(s)  should I look in
for documentation?

WRN                             bitnet Nichols@cmphys or Nichols@fnal
Dept. of Physics                        arpa   wn0e@andrew.cmu.edu
Carnegie Mellon University

billk@pnet01.cts.com (Bill W. Kelly) (01/22/89)

wn0e+@andrew.cmu.edu (William Nichols) writes:
>I am interested in writing an real time application for the Amiga.  I have two
>questions. Can application execution be interupt driven thourgh the second mouse
>port? (or the serial or parallel ports)  If so which manual(s)  should I look in
>for documentation?

I'm pretty sure that no interrupts are generated by the game ports.  As far as
I know, the game port registers are polled by a VBlank server.

You can, of course, design and install your own interrupt handlers for serial
and parallel ports.

You should probably look in the Hardware manual and the Exec manual.  (The
latter for info. on how to install your own interrupt handlers, etc.)
--
Bill W. Kelly                                         billk@pnet01.cts.com
{nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!billk   crash!pnet01!billk@nosc.mil