[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A68k - the author speaks

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (01/25/89)

> karl writes:
>
> MSG-ID: <3301@sugar.uu.net>
>
> Org.  : Sugar Land Unix - Houston TX
>

> Greg M. Garner (gmg@hcx.uucp) recently posted the following about the
> Motorola BBS:
>
> ...Anyway, they also have a
> 68000 assembler there, although I haven't downloaded it. It is a rather
> large file, about 102K. Here is the line describing it from the BBS:
>
> X68000  ARC    102912   05-09-87   DDJ PD MS-DOS 68K xasm w/ source
>
> ...  The phone number for the motorola BBS is 1-512-440-3733.

     This sounds like the original Modula-2 source file that I started
with to create A68k.  The object code generator is almost unchanged
(except for the translation into C) but the rest of it would be pretty
hard to recognize now.  With any luck, Jeff Lydiatt has managed to post
version 2.42 - this one should be solid enough that I can take a break
and move on to other things, like getting married.

--Charlie Gibbs             uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Charlie_Gibbs
"Just what is this .signature thing anyway?"