[comp.sys.amiga.tech] string gadget colors?

phil@titan.rice.edu (William LeFebvre) (01/26/89)

Hello again!

This was sort of discussed a little earlier, but I don't recall seeing a
consensus.  I want to display a string gadget in a window whose primary
background is color 2 instead of 0.  I would, therefore, like the gadget
to use color 2 for a background instead of 0.  The RKM doesn't give a clue
on this one.  Do I have to track down the gadget's rastport and SetBgPen on
it?  Will that work or will Intuition get angry with me?  Tell me there's
a way!

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University
			<phil@Rice.edu>

In article <2489@kalliope.rice.edu> phil@titan.rice.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:
>This was sort of discussed a little earlier, but I don't recall seeing a
>consensus.  I want to display a string gadget in a window whose primary
>background is color 2 instead of 0.  I would, therefore, like the gadget
>to use color 2 for a background instead of 0.  The RKM doesn't give a clue
>on this one.  Do I have to track down the gadget's rastport and SetBgPen on
>it?  Will that work or will Intuition get angry with me?  Tell me there's
>a way!

	I'm afraid to say you lose (until 1.4).  Can't be done unless you
roll your own gadget.

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup