[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Lucas Board and CLtd

trantow@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jerry J Trantow) (01/31/89)

Does anyone have experience with the LUCAS board and the newest (3.0?)
version of the CLtd SCSI software.  We built up some boards and the
LUCAS boards will work with the old CLtd software, but one gentleman
was using the newer SCSI software and he can not get it to work.  The
board works fine with my SUPRA controller.

scotty@ziggy.UUCP (Scott Drysdale) (01/31/89)

In article <650@csd4.milw.wisc.edu> trantow@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jerry J Trantow) writes:
>Does anyone have experience with the LUCAS board and the newest (3.0?)
>version of the CLtd SCSI software.  We built up some boards and the
>LUCAS boards will work with the old CLtd software, but one gentleman
>was using the newer SCSI software and he can not get it to work.  The
>board works fine with my SUPRA controller.

i haven't got a lucas board, but i do have scsidos 3.0.  as i recall, there
is a setting in there somewhere which tells the scsi software to NOT wait for
the first byte of a transfer from the hard disk.  they say that this doesn't
work with adaptec boards, and i have an adaptec and they're right.  so this
is obviously a timing dependent thing.  if your friend has this no waiting
option enabled, lucas may be too fast for it.  have him try turning the
option off and see if the problem goes away.  i believe turning it off is
a matter of simply running the mountlist editor or whatever it's called to
change the value of that flag.

  --Scotty