[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Recoverable Ram Disks

tc1abq@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (tc1abq) (02/02/89)

   I have been having a great deal of trouble getting any sort of
RRD device mounted and working properly. On my system I have the
Kwikstart 1.3 and an additional 512K added internaly. (On my 1000
that is from F80000 FBFFFF, and 80000 FFFFF)
   I can mount up both RAD: and VD0: fine, they even recover
properly now that I have an AddMem using the AddMemList function
rather than one that clears the memory after adding.
   The problem I have is they don't recover after they've been
to capacity. It doesn't crash the system on the next MOUNT, but they
come back up with nothing in them. It's kind of pointless using
either one without the ability to recover.
   I imagine the problem is in the fact the memory is not
auto-configured, but it does work correctly for small amounts of
data loaded in the devices.
   Does anyone now how to get either of the RRD's working properly?

bryce@cbmvax.UUCP (Bryce Nesbitt) (02/03/89)

In article <1009@sdcc15.ucsd.edu> tc1abq@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (tc1abq) writes:

>   I have been having a great deal of trouble getting any sort of
>RRD device mounted and working properly. On my system I have the
>Kwikstart 1.3 and an additional 512K added internaly. (On my 1000
>that is from F80000 FBFFFF, and 80000 FFFFF)

That's not all the trouble you are going to have.  With memory at
$80000, LOTS of problems will show up.  The system treats any memory
it finds there as CHIP memory, but your memory is not chip memory.
Try opening lots of windows; your machine will crash.

Get that memory out of $080000-0FFFFF and your RRD problem will go away.

|\_/|  . ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!
{O o} .     Bryce Nesbitt
 (")        BIX: bnesbitt
  U	    USENET: cbmvax!bryce@uunet.uu.NET -or- rutgers!cbmvax!bryce
Disclaimer: I'm not an official, and this is not an official opinion.