[comp.sys.amiga.tech] 1.4 ramlib

kodiak@amiga.UUCP (Robert R. Burns) (02/10/89)

I am demoting ramlib for 1.4 -- it no longer takes the form of an
exec library ("ramlib.library").  If this affects your current
product, please email me directly with a short description how.
A phone number would be nice.  A posted reply here may be missed.

Bob Burns, amiga!kodiak           .         _
   Commodore __ (408) 395-3303  _/ \_      |_) _ |_  _ )'
    /\ |  ||| _` /\            `.(5).'     |_)(_\| )(_\ |
___/..\|\/|||__|/..\___         /.^.\               Faith

janhen@wn2.sci.kun.nl (Jan Hendrikx) (02/12/89)

In article <3328@amiga.UUCP>, kodiak@amiga.UUCP (Robert R. Burns) writes:
> I am demoting ramlib for 1.4 -- it no longer takes the form of an
> exec library ("ramlib.library").  If this affects your current
> product, please email me directly with a short description how.
> A phone number would be nice.  A posted reply here may be missed.
>
> Bob Burns, amiga!kodiak           .         _

How could this affect anyone? The ramlib.library is explicitly
undocumented. The RKM even says, if memory serves me right, that
'ordinary' programmers should not be concerned about it. It is not in
the autodocs, not even what entry points (if any) it has.  So I still
don't know what it does. And I am getting more curious every day...
*What does it do?*

Maybe I'll revert to disassembling the thing (if there is anything to
disassemble), in order to satisfy this urging curiosity.  [I already
did that with parts of the dos.library, and the more I saw, the uglier
it got. It is *very good* that those internals are not documented.
Maybe the same is true of the ramlib.library?]

-Olaf Seibert (using Jan's account)