[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Getting RAWKEYs in a requester

ridder@warlok.dec.com (02/12/89)

   ========

Date: 12 Feb 1989 0339-MST
From: Hans <RIDDER@WARLOK>
To: "comp.sys.amiga.tech@USENET"@DECWRL
Subject: Getting RAWKEYs in a requester

I am putting up a requester in a window, and would like to be able to
get RAWKEY events while the requester is up.  "Use the NOISEYREQ flag"
you say.  Well that's fine except it allows the user to play with the
menus and gadgets in the window, and I don't want to allow that.
Ignoring the events would work, but looks sorta tacky, and might be
confusing to the user.

So, is there any way to get RAWKEY events in requester *and* block input
(menus, etc.) to the window?  If not, perhaps this could make it into
1.4?  (jimm, you listening?  I'll even send in an enhancement request!)

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

-hans

---
Hans Ridder     Internet: ridder%warlok.dec@decwrl.dec.com
                USENET: decwrl!ridder@warlok.dec (I think)
   --------

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (02/13/89)

)From: Hans <RIDDER@WARLOK>
)I am putting up a requester in a window, and would like to be able to
)get RAWKEY events while the requester is up.  "Use the NOISEYREQ flag"
)you say.  Well that's fine except it allows the user to play with the
)menus and gadgets in the window, and I don't want to allow that.

"Man, I don't think so."	-- LL Cool J

)(jimm, you listening?  I'll even send in an enhancement request!)

Better accompany that with a short example that illustrates the
problem and defies the laws of source code  ;^).  And that
one should be mailed as a bug report (to cbmvax!bugs).

)-hans

	jimm

"Why weren't you at the church?"
"God makes me nervous when you get Him indoors."
		- From "Cousins"
--
Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"Like you said when we crawled down
{cbmvax,well,oliveb}!amiga!jimm          from the trees: We're in transition."