[comp.sys.amiga.tech] colors and dualpf

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (02/10/89)

> From: barnettj@dollar.steinmetz (janet a barnett)
> I defined a dual playfield viewport with 5 planes, 3 foreground, 2
> background.  I also turned on the SPRITES flag.  MakeVPort, however,
> only generated copper instructions to load color registers 0 through
> 15, even though I had attached a 32 color colormap.  Is this a known
> bug?

Yup, this is a bug in V1.3 roms and all previous releases of the os.
 It is fixed in the V1.4 alpha stuff already. It may also be fixed
in the V1.3+ jumpstart disk that supports the a2024/viking monitor.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale

bart@amiga.UUCP (Barry A. Whitebook) (02/15/89)

)> From: barnettj@dollar.steinmetz (janet a barnett)
)
)Yup, this is a bug in V1.3 roms and all previous releases of the os.
) It is fixed in the V1.4 alpha stuff already. It may also be fixed
)in the V1.3+ jumpstart disk that supports the a2024/viking monitor.

Nope, i checked the source and its fixed for 1.4 but not for the current
A2024 jumpstart disk.  Don't go relying on bugfixes implemented as jumpstart
disks, please. They are meant as interim solutions to specific extensions
(a2024, ecs, etc...) until the next ROMS can be "blessed".

Sorry that this bugfix couldn't be implemented in the 1.3 ROMS but

1) the definition of 1.3KS was "behaves EXACTLY like 1.2 but for autoboot"
   so that running changes could be make in productions without breaking
   existing programs and
2) this bug was fixed 4/88 while the final 1.3 KS rom image was burned 12/87

the bug IS addressed in the 1.4 roms. bart
--
     //  Bart Whitebook                                     | {|V|)))  |\\
      |  16795 Lark Avenue, Suite #106, Los Gatos, CA 95030 |  O/O  ?))|