[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Amiga Forth...

mikhe@butterix.liu.se (Mike Henry) (02/16/89)

[]

Hi y'all !!

Have a friend who has been pestering a while about A-Forth. I've been
FTP'ing all over the globe but just can't seem to find it, can some kind
soul give me a hint (read: ftp address B^) as to where I can
get an Amiga Forth or two, PLEASE !! I need some rest... B^)

		-Mike
--
INET : mikhe@majestix.ida.liu.se                                      ///
UUCP : {mcvax,munnari,ukc,unido}!enea!liuida!majestix!mikhe          ///

thomson@wasatch.UUCP (Rich Thomson) (02/24/89)

In article <1184@butterix.liu.se> mikhe@butterix.liu.se (Mike Henry) writes:
>Have a friend who has been pestering a while about A-Forth. I've been
>FTP'ing all over the globe but just can't seem to find it, can some kind
>soul give me a hint (read: ftp address B^) as to where I can
>get an Amiga Forth or two, PLEASE !! I need some rest... B^)

A-Forth is available by anonymous ftp as a compressed tar archive from
cs.utah.edu in the pub/amiga-forth directory.  Here is the README file from
that directory.

						-- Rich
					    Editor, Amiga FORTH
					    Programmer's Newsletter
					    (amiga-forth-request@cs.utah.edu)

This directory contains archives for the Amiga FORTH Programmer's
Newsletter.  The directory contains the following files:

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson     58987 Apr 13  1988 Forth83.Txt.Z
    Description of the FORTH-83 standard as published by the FORTH
    standards team.  Dated August 1983.

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson         0 Feb 20 16:39 README
    The file you are reading.

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson    283262 Feb 20 16:23 a4th.tar.Z
    The public domain FORTH system A4th for the Amiga.  Contains
    substantial documentation, utilities and complete include files and
    library support for the Amiga's operating sytem and graphic interface.

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson     63617 Apr 10  1988 fstrings.tar.Z
    A FORTH strings package from the East Coast Forth Board BBS.

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson      2827 Mar  7  1988 hello_world.f
    A simle "Hello World" program written for Multi-Forth 1.21

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson       854 Feb 22 10:35 lstblk.c
    A C utility to list an A4th .blk file as a standard text file.
    Trailing blank spaces are stripped from the lines.  Input files may
    be specified the command line; if no files are specified, standard
    input is used.  The output is written to the standard output.

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson     18936 Feb 20 16:38 midi.library.tar.Z
    MIDI shared library and FORTH interface files

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson      1963 Mar  9  1988 prelude.4th.Z
    Martin Tracy's standard FORTH prelude from Dr. Dobb's Journal

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson     61440 Feb 22 10:03 s8_novix.blk
    An A4th utility to allow communication between the Amiga and a Novix
    NC40xx or Zilog Super8 single board computer.  From the file:
	\ S8_NC4000.BLK                                       88Nov26jax
	NO WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED on this fine piece of freeware!
	Communicate with your Novix NC40xx, or with your Zilog Super8
	single board computer from your Amiga!

	Required:
		  A4TH1.5 ( on GEnie Forth Interest Group Library)
		  Amiga 500/1000/2000
		  Super8 or Novix and cabling.

	Public Domain Software from Jack Woehr
	jax@well.UUCP * JAX on GEnie * SYSOP@RCFB 303-278-0364

	Kudos to Peter J. Appelman ( P.APPELMAN on GEnie ) for the
	public domain 32-bit Amiga Software System called A4TH!

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson      1010 Feb 22 10:34 toblk.c
    The inverse of lstblk, this program converts ASCII text files to forth
    block format.  It complains about long lines and truncates them.  The
    input file(s) are specified on the command line; if no files are
    specified, standard input is used.  The output is written to the
    standard output.

drwxr-xr-x  2 thomson      1024 Feb 18 13:34 v1
    Back issues of Amiga FORTH Programmer's Newsletter, Volume 1

-rw-r--r--  1 thomson      7417 Feb 18 13:34 v1/contents
    Table of contents for volume 1
--
Rich Thomson	thomson@cs.utah.edu  {bellcore,hplabs}!utah-cs!thomson
"Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with