[comp.sys.amiga.tech] V1.4 estimate, was string gadget problems

>String gadgets in V1.3 and prior do not support proportional fonts.
>I rewrote them for V1.4.
>--
>Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"Like you said when we crawled down
>{cbmvax,well,oliveb}!amiga!jimm          from the trees: We're in transition."
>							- Gang of Four
>Opinions are my own.  Comments are not to be taken as Commodore official policy

I dont suppose you would wish to venture
an opinion as to when we might see
AmigaOS1.4 ??? (this year sometime, next year?)

.sig=NIL: as i havent thunk up an interesting thing
to do with it yet.

--joe

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (03/01/89)

In article <2021@cps3xx.UUCP> porkka@frith.UUCP (Joseph A Porkka) writes:
)>String gadgets in V1.3 and prior do not support proportional fonts.
)>I rewrote them for V1.4.
)>Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"Like you said when we crawled down

)I dont suppose you would wish to venture
)an opinion as to when we might see
)AmigaOS1.4 ??? (this year sometime, next year?)

Since you specifically asked me, I'll give you a general answer. ;^)

Nobody working for Commodore Engineering is at liberty to so much as
hint when products may or may not be released.  This is the general
policy on such information, which is completely understandable
(in my mind) given the delays of V1.3, and the sorry track record
of our friends at Atari and the loss of credibility it has caused them.

If you want the Amiga to be a continued success, you will be in favor of
Commodore keeping a very tight lid on pre-announcement, even in this most
discreet and mature of all forums ;^).

So, no, I will not venture an opinion, and I shall not, nobody on the
inside ever will, and everyone hopes you understand that this is
the best policy.  Registered commercial developers who have special planning
needs based on this type of information might be able to get more insight
by contacting the company directly.  I don't know.

I sympathize with the questioners, because I am always one to anxiously await
upgrades and new software products.  Go play a little Wayne Gretzky Hockey to
divert yourself from the anxiety or waiting.

).sig=NIL: as i havent thunk up an interesting thing
)to do with it yet.

Well, especially when I rant on like this, the last line of my .signature
is the important one.

	jimm