[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Help--Library function offsets, cont'd

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (03/05/89)

     In C, when you take the address of a function (i.e., Text in
Graphics library), is that address the entry point to the function
or does it represent a jump into the library Table from which the
function is called?                            Dan

w-colinp@microsoft.UUCP (Colin Plumb) (03/07/89)

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com wrote:
>      In C, when you take the address of a function (i.e., Text in
> Graphics library), is that address the entry point to the function
> or does it represent a jump into the library Table from which the
> function is called?                            Dan

Actually, it's probably the entry point to the library glue routine,
neither of the above.  The library routines expect to be called with
parameters in registers in a particular way, and this isn't the calling
convention used by most C compilers.
--
	-Colin (uunet!microsoft!w-colinp)

"Don't listen to me.  I never do." - The Doctor