[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Left mouse button won't always work

coms051@ucscg.UCSC.EDU (10032051) (03/03/89)

My left mouse button does not work all of the time. I read a tip in the
August 1988 Amiga World that suggested I re-center the dome-shaped piece
of metal so that the mouse button hits it.  I tried this but it did not
make any difference.  Like the subject says, the button will work inter-
mittently though.
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks!

fullmer@dover.uucp (Glen Fullmer) (03/12/89)

In article <6565@saturn.ucsc.edu> coms051@ucscg.UCSC.EDU () writes:
>My left mouse button does not work all of the time. I read a tip in the
>August 1988 Amiga World that suggested I re-center the dome-shaped piece
>of metal so that the mouse button hits it.  I tried this but it did not
>make any difference.  Like the subject says, the button will work inter-
>mittently though.
>Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
>Thanks!

The left mouse button is used more frequently that the right, especially
in games etc, and eventually doesn't respond all the time but the following
seemed to help:

I found that switching the switch by taking it out, inverting it
and RESOLDERING it so that the switch that was used for the Left
button is now used for the right button and visa-versa works because
the angle of button pushing is different.  This should work for a couple
of more years until you have to buy a new mouse.  I have had my machine for
almost 4 years, doing the first switch-switch two years ago.  I am
expecting to have to buy a replacement mouse soon.

  _____     _  "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence"
 {____/    //  "over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
      \   // _  __Richard P. Feynman, Appendix F of Shuttle Disaster Report
 {____/  </_</_/ / <_  {sun!sunburn | cadillac} !dover!fullmer
--
  _____     _  "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence"
 {____/    //  "over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled."
      \   // _  __Richard P. Feynman, Appendix F of Shuttle Disaster Report
 {____/  </_</_/ / <_  {sun!sunburn | cadillac} !dover!fullmer

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (03/15/89)

Hi,
	There is something else you can do to rebuild your mouse. I used the
switches in an old joy stick to rebuild mine. The joy stick I used was a
ComMander by Comrex. It has 6 switches that are identical to the ones in the
mouse.

Hope it helps,
Monty