[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Just wondering if....

dbk@teroach.UUCP (Dave Kinzer) (03/16/89)

Not that this actually effects me (yet :^) ) but...

   Does anybody actually bother to flush the cache after DMA occurs?
You know, like after the 2090 or Hardframe loads your program or data,
or after the blitter moves something, or when the serial port or trackdisk
device or one of ASDGs new serial ports (if they DMA that is) reads in
something.  Curious paranoid minds want to know.

|    // GOATS - Gladly Offering All Their Support  Dave Kinzer (602)897-3085|
|   //  >> In Hell you need 4Mb to Multitask!  <<  uunet!mcdphx!teroach!dbk |
| \X/   #define policy_maker(name) (name->salary > 3 * dave.salary)         |

dale@boing.UUCP (Dale Luck) (03/20/89)

In article <10527@mcdphx.phx.mcd.mot.com> dbk@teroach.UUCP (Dave Kinzer) writes:
>   Does anybody actually bother to flush the cache after DMA occurs?
>You know, like after the 2090 or Hardframe loads your program or data,
>or after the blitter moves something, or when the serial port or trackdisk

Something that may be a good idea to put into the tail end of
WaitBlit() just before returning to the caller. I think the
flush cache instruction may be priveleged though. This really
is mainly for data cache on the 68030 when using the blitter.

--
Dale Luck     GfxBase/Boing, Inc.
{uunet!cbmvax|pyramid}!amiga!boing!dale