[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Lattice 4.0 and cia

pmy@vivaldi.acc.Virginia.EDU (Pete Yadlowsky) (03/22/89)

A teensy question:

If I want to directly access one of the CIA chips, I need to include

	extern struct CIA ciaa;

in the source. Blink is then supposed to resolve the reference.
Well, under Lattice4.0, it doesn't seem to know how to do that.
It issues a message having to do with 'unmerged data item'.
Is there a special library I need to load that binds the reference
to the chip's hard address? Some compiler option I should be
using? This was not a problem with v3.1.

	- Pete

Peter M. Yadlowsky		| "Pay no attention to that man
Academic Computing Center	|	behind the curtain!"
University of Virginia		|
pmy@Virginia.EDU		|

In article <1256@hudson.acc.virginia.edu> pmy@vivaldi.acc.Virginia.EDU (Pete Yadlowsky) writes:
>If I want to directly access one of the CIA chips, I need to include
>
>	extern struct CIA ciaa;

	try :
	extern struct CIA _ciaa;
			  ^

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup