[comp.sys.amiga.tech] AreaEllipse - HHHHEEELLLLPPPPP!

840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) (03/30/89)

I can't seem to get AreaEllipse working correctly. I have been reading the
Sybex book (Amiga Programmer's Reference) and it has conflicting information
and I don't know what to believe. I assume I have to initialize a vector
list for area definition with the InitArea function before I do an AreaEllipse.
The book says that AreaInit takes 3 parms: AreaInfo *, buf * (aligned on
a word boundary), and the number of vectors allowed. Now here is the problem:
do _I_ allocate the buf * or does _the routine_ do it for me? The book suggests
both, but wouldn't I have to pass a buf ** in order to have the system do
it for me? Arrrrghhhhhh! Can someone give me a proper definition of the
function, what the parms mean, and a _small_ example of code to draw a filled
ellipse (pointing out any initialization I'd have to do)? I would appreciate
it _A LOT_. This has been driving me crazy for the past couple of days.

...BillyBob.

--
Bill Nickerson    | UUCP   : {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!840493n
Acadia University | BITNet : 840493n@Acadia

scott@applix.UUCP (Scott Evernden) (03/31/89)

In article <1708@aucs.UUCP> 840493n@aucs.UUCP (Bill Nickerson) writes:

>I can't seem to get AreaEllipse working correctly.  ..
>... I assume I have to initialize a vector
>list for area definition with the InitArea function before I do an AreaEllipse.

Did you also set up your TmpRas?

-scott