[comp.sys.amiga.tech] 2500

u572555600ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (0040;0000007723;0;195;141;) (04/11/89)

I followed the instructions to set up the info file, and it
worked the first time! I was so happy... But then, tragedy struck.

I figured, "hey, I'll set up a floppy to boot off of now."

So I rebooted, and no matter what I did, it could never work again.
INcidently, I got the hard drive to stop whining by changing into
a different partition. But now that it won't mount again, it's
whining away horribly.

I'm confused.
really confused.
Desperate.
Not suicidal, but close.

1. Exactly what directory should hddisk.device be in?
2. Exactly what directly should hddisk.info be in?

Currently, I have hddisk.device in devs:, and hddisk.info in
expansion. It worked once, but not after we rebooted.. Please help.
Anyone know where I can get an exorcist?
Anyone want to give away a free 2090A bootup disk?
Anyone want to give me a brand new A2500?

andy@cbmvax.UUCP (Andy Finkel) (04/11/89)

In article <3927@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> u572555600ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (my name) writes:
>1. Exactly what directory should hddisk.device be in?

sys:Expansion

>2. Exactly what directly should hddisk.info be in?

sys:Expansion

Note: the SYS: I refer to is the sys: definition in effect
when the BINDDRIVERS command is executed.  I say this only
because I suspect the next thing you'll be doing is putting
the hddisk and hddisk.info files in the Expansion drawer of
the hard disk itself.

		andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Give me a Standard large enough, and a Committee to discuss it,
 and I will prevent the Earth from moving."

dnye@bbn.com (David Nye) (04/12/89)

In article <3927@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> u572555600ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (my name) writes:

>1. Exactly what directory should hddisk.device be in?
    Sys:Expansion
>2. Exactly what directly should hddisk.info be in?
    Sys:Expansion

>Currently, I have hddisk.device in devs:, and hddisk.info in
>expansion. It worked once, but not after we rebooted.. Please help.
>Anyone know where I can get an exorcist?
>Anyone want to give away a free 2090A bootup disk?
>Anyone want to give me a brand new A2500?

No, But I take your A2500 off your hands for $437.98 !!!

Dave Nye
     --      Dave Nye -- President, Southern New Hampshire AMIGA Users Group  =
    ====     dnye@bbn.com    dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net  ...!harvard!bbn!dnye  =
     --      BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass., My Employers computer, MY opinion.. =