[comp.sys.amiga.tech] RastPort structure definition

bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Robert Barton) (04/10/89)

From rastport.h :                      From rastport.i :

struct RastPort                        STRUCTURE  RastPort,0
{
    struct  Layer *Layer;                LONG     rp_Layer
    struct  BitMap   *BitMap;            LONG     rp_BitMap
    USHORT  *AreaPtrn;                   LONG     rp_AreaPtrn
    struct  TmpRas *TmpRas;              LONG     rp_TmpRas
    struct  AreaInfo *AreaInfo;          LONG     rp_AreaInfo
    struct  GelsInfo *GelsInfo;          LONG     rp_GelsInfo
    UBYTE   Mask;                        BYTE     rp_Mask
    BYTE    FgPen;                       BYTE     rp_FgPen
    BYTE    BgPen;                       BYTE     rp_BgPen
    BYTE    AOlPen;                      BYTE     rp_AOLPen
    BYTE    DrawMode;                    BYTE     rp_DrawMode
    BYTE    AreaPtSz;                    BYTE     rp_AreaPtSz
    BYTE    linpatcnt;                   BYTE     rp_Dummy
    BYTE    dummy;                       BYTE     rp_linpatcnt

  Note the reversal of linpatcnt and dummy.  Anyone know which is correct?

In article <963@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Robert Barton) writes:
>From rastport.h :                      From rastport.i :
>
>struct RastPort                        STRUCTURE  RastPort,0
>{
> [ ... ]
>    BYTE    linpatcnt;                   BYTE     rp_Dummy
>    BYTE    dummy;                       BYTE     rp_linpatcnt
>
>  Note the reversal of linpatcnt and dummy.  Anyone know which is correct?

	When in doubt, believe the C .h file.  That's the rule I use,
anyway.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Old signature used to get past inews. _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 ________		 ___			Leo L. Schwab
	   \		/___--__		The Guy in The Cape
  ___  ___ /\		    ---##\		well!ewhac@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
      /   X  \_____    |  __ _---))			..or..
     /   /_\--    -----+==____\ // \  _		pacbell -\
___ (   o---+------------------O/   \/ \	hoptoad --> !well!ewhac
     \     /		    ___ \_  (`o )	hplabs --/     ("AE-wack")
 ____ \___/			     \_/
	      Recumbent Bikes:			"Work FOR?  I don't work FOR
	    The _O_n_l_y Way To Fly!		anybody!  I'm just having fun."

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (04/19/89)

In article <963@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Robert Barton) writes:
)From rastport.h :                      From rastport.i :
)struct RastPort                        STRUCTURE  RastPort,0
){
	...					...
)    BYTE    linpatcnt;                   BYTE     rp_Dummy
)    BYTE    dummy;                       BYTE     rp_linpatcnt
)
)  Note the reversal of linpatcnt and dummy.  Anyone know which is correct?

The one on the left is correct.  I believe that neither of these fields
are suitable for direct manipulation or examination, so I hope this answer
doesn't matter to you.

	jimm
--
Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"He's hidden now, but you can see
{cbmvax,well,oliveb}!amiga!jimm          The bubbles where he breathes."