[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Problems with VCR

agnus@nadia.UUCP (Matthias Zepf) (04/23/89)

Hi Folks!

I have some problems with my videorecorder, connected to my Amiga 1081
Monitor. The vcr comes via "Video in" and "Audio in". I pressed the
VCR button at the back of my A1081. Now, the problem is, that the
video picture sometime jumps or rolls (not depending wether the VCR
button is pressed or not). If I connect my vcr to a normal television
set, the picture is absolut normal. I there anything I must do, to have
a complete clear and still standing picture?

Greets, Matthias

(mail to: ...!uunet!unido!{gtc,altger,nadia}!aragon!amylnd)

jafo@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Sean Reifschneider) (04/25/89)

>VCR button at the back of my A1081. Now, the problem is, that the
>video picture sometime jumps or rolls (not depending wether the VCR

I've noticed that also.  I believe that the problem is related to a copy
protection method.  The problem is that the monitor has no tuner.  This
copy protection method in particular has garbage that causes a VCR tuner
not to be able to track the signal, but the tuner in a TV can (it filteres
out this garbage).  I've been thinking about getting a filter for this,
but I've heard that they're about $80.  Anyone have any more info on this?

Sean

jtp@lupu.hut.fi (Jukka Tapani Partanen) (04/25/89)

In article <358@nadia.UUCP> agnus@nadia.UUCP (Matthias Zepf) writes:
>I have some problems with my videorecorder, connected to my Amiga 1081
>Monitor. The vcr comes via "Video in" and "Audio in". I pressed the
>VCR button at the back of my A1081. Now, the problem is, that the
>video picture sometime jumps or rolls (not depending wether the VCR
>button is pressed or not). If I connect my vcr to a normal television
>set, the picture is absolut normal. I there anything I must do, to have
>a complete clear and still standing picture?

	I have the same problem. Seems like the signals from my
	VCR and my Amy get messed together (the sync signals?).
	Easiest fix: turn your Amy off while watching TV. Not nice.
	Another fix: unplug the RGB cable. I usually unplug it from
	the Amiga side.
	I think one could fix the cables inside the monitor, but
	I have been lazy... :-)

--
   I'm a simple person. I have very small desires in life - Titties'n'Beer

agnus@nadia.UUCP (Matthias Zepf) (04/27/89)

In article <21526@santra.UUCP> jtp@lupu.hut.fi (Jukka Tapani Partanen) writes:
>In article <358@nadia.UUCP> agnus@nadia.UUCP (Matthias Zepf) writes:
>>I have some problems with my videorecorder, connected to my Amiga 1081
>>Monitor. The vcr comes via "Video in" and "Audio in". [...]
>	I have the same problem. Seems like the signals from my
>	VCR and my Amy get messed together (the sync signals?).
>	Easiest fix: turn your Amy off while watching TV. Not nice.

Thanx for the answer, but it isn't the same problem, because I have
switched my Amy OFF while watching TV or video movies... This is an-
other problem. You can fix it by manipulating your monitor. I'll
post the instruction how to do in some days...

Greets, Matthias

  |  Matthias "Agnus" Zepf     ...!uunet!unido!gtc!aragon!amylnd!agnus  |
  |  D-7250 Leonberg, West Germany   AMIGA made it possible FIRST!      |

In article <11640020@hpfcdc.HP.COM> jafo@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Sean Reifschneider) writes:
>>VCR button at the back of my A1081. Now, the problem is, that the
>>video picture sometime jumps or rolls (not depending wether the VCR
>I've noticed that also.  I believe that the problem is related to a copy
>protection method. [...]

OK, many other people told me that this is a method of copy protection,
but I recorded the movies myself with my video recorder! I didn't copy
any orignal films or something like that. I took the picture from normal
TV!!