[comp.sys.amiga.tech] CloseDevice from task

carlson@betelgeuse (Richard L. Carlson) (05/02/89)

A quick question for the real Gurus:

One cannot OpenDevice() from a task, if the device might have to be loaded
from disk; fair enough.  However, what about CloseDevice()?  Since the RKM
docs don't mention a restriction, and since I can't imagine CloseDevice()
ever doing any disk activity, I *think* this should be OK.  But I'd like
to make *sure* before I do it and start to get random gurus...  Thanks.

-- Richard
   {tektronix,dual,sun,decvax,...}!ucbvax!ernie!carlson
   carlson@ernie.berkeley.edu

In article <13166@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> carlson@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Richard L. Carlson) writes:
>One cannot OpenDevice() from a task, if the device might have to be loaded
>from disk; fair enough.  However, what about CloseDevice()?  Since the RKM
>docs don't mention a restriction, and since I can't imagine CloseDevice()
>ever doing any disk activity, I *think* this should be OK.  But I'd like
>to make *sure* before I do it and start to get random gurus...  Thanks.

	Should be fine.

--
Randell Jesup, Commodore Engineering {uunet|rutgers|allegra}!cbmvax!jesup