[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Re^2: Determining Window Border Widths

mlelstv@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Michael van Elst ) (05/05/89)

papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:

>So the Viking 1 cannot be used with A1000s and
>A500s. The CBM A2024, on the other hand, has the circuitry all inside the
>monitor and therefore it will work on ALL Amigas (with some gotchas due to
>the memory required on an A1000).  The A2024 is not available, though.

I think, all the signal's on at the A2000 (not B2000 !) video slot are
available in an A1000, i.e. color clock / analog video / sync signal's.
Even the digital (TTL) signal's are availble, of course there's only
one bit per color, but that's enough with 4 grey levels.

Thus you should be able to connect the VIKING card to an A1000 (maybe an A500),
though you might need an extra power supply. (And of course you should be
familiar with a soldering iron).

				Michael van Elst

E-mail: UUCP: ...uunet!unido!fauern!faui45!mlelstv