[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Kermit parameters in VT100 program

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (05/10/89)

In article <790@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com> acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall)
talks about testing version 2.9 of the VT100 program.  I'd like to know
"Where are all the Kermit settings?"

I have a definite need for SET RECEIVE TIMEOUT 90 (over a slow network).
The other things I haven't been able to find are:
	SET BLOCK-CHECK 3, SET FILE WARNING ON
Please add these to some menu.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | jms@antares.Tymnet.COM or jms@tymix.Tymnet.COM
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!antares!jms

farren@well.UUCP (Mike Farren) (05/11/89)

In article <182@tardis.Tymnet.COM> jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) writes:
(Discussing VT100 version 2.9)
>I have a definite need for SET RECEIVE TIMEOUT 90 (over a slow network).
>The other things I haven't been able to find are:
>	SET BLOCK-CHECK 3, SET FILE WARNING ON
>Please add these to some menu.

Seems to me that if you wanted all the features of CKermit, what you
should get is CKermit, not VT100.  All of the "SET" commands you
refer to are CKermit commands, and not intrinsic parts of the Kermit
protocol (except for SET BLOCK-CHECK 3, and even that is a convenience
more than a necessity - do you really have trouble at BLOCK-CHECK 1?).

--
           Mike Farren
           uucp: {your favorite backbone site}!hplabs!well!farren