[comp.sys.amiga.tech] IO calls/Lattice 5.02

phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) (05/16/89)

I have recently updated to Lattice 5.02 and have not been having
an easy time getting my code working.  My previous rev of Lattice
was 3.01.

In particular, I'm getting crashes as soon as I do a `SendIO' or
`DoIO' call.  Has anything changed in the interface to these routines
that I should know about (has the IO structure itself, or the way
Lattice deals with it changed, for instance)?

If this rings a bell with anyone, I'd be very grateful if you'd
get in touch.

	Thanks,
		Phil Stone	 (phil@eos.arc.nasa.gov | ames!eos!phil)

In article <3621@eos.UUCP> phil@eos.UUCP (Phil Stone) writes:
>In particular, I'm getting crashes as soon as I do a `SendIO' or
>`DoIO' call.  Has anything changed in the interface to these routines
>that I should know about (has the IO structure itself, or the way
>Lattice deals with it changed, for instance)?

Just SendIO() and DoIO() ? Lattice switched from forcing you to declare
things like ExecBase in your code to using declarations in the library.
(convert the xxxBase declarations to externs) but other than that,
unless you are linking with the wrong library things should be fine.
Note that between 3.01 and 5.02 they also switched the default modes
on code and data addressibility to be PC/A4 relative and that can
cause some grief if you have big modules (use -b0 and -r0 to revert
to the old style) plus read the decription for lcxx.lib in the manual
to figure out which one you need for your compiliation.

--Chuck McManis
"A most excellent barbarian ... Genghis Kahn!"