[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Will Commodore Amiga PLEEZE answer this question...

rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) (05/31/89)

I posted a message earlier in the week asking about Mutual Exclusion of
Boolean Gadgets, and I have received several letters from other users out
there (thank guys, for the input!!).  Most of those people didn't or couldn't
make this "mutual exclusion of gadgets" work.. I know that the old RKM's say
that this field in the Gadget structure is ignored, but according to the
Workbench 1.3 Assembly Include headers, it makes it sound as if this feature
is now working in 1.3!  I'm basically asking if this is the case, and if so,
how the heck can I get it to work??

Thanks in advance..

                                I Thought So...

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!rickf
INET: rickf@pnet02.cts.com

In article <16305@gryphon.COM| rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) writes:
|I posted a message earlier in the week asking about Mutual Exclusion of
|Boolean Gadgets, and I have received several letters from other users out
|there (thank guys, for the input!!).  Most of those people didn't or couldn't
|make this "mutual exclusion of gadgets" work.. I know that the old RKM's say
|that this field in the Gadget structure is ignored, but according to the
|Workbench 1.3 Assembly Include headers, it makes it sound as if this feature
|is now working in 1.3!  I'm basically asking if this is the case, and if so,
|how the heck can I get it to work??

The reason you got no answer is because this has ben rehashed at least 20
times one this forum.  I believe that the "intro" message that is posted
everyonce in a while tells you how to do it.  The answer is documented in
the 1.2 WB Enhancer manual.  Time for posting an "intro" again?

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
 "There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Diga!" -- Leo Schwab [quoting Rick Unland]

eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (06/01/89)

In article <16305@gryphon.COM> rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) writes:
>I posted a message earlier in the week asking about Mutual Exclusion of
>Boolean Gadgets, and I have received several letters from other users out
>there (thank guys, for the input!!).  Most of those people didn't or couldn't
>make this "mutual exclusion of gadgets" work.. I know that the old RKM's say
>that this field in the Gadget structure is ignored, but according to the
>Workbench 1.3 Assembly Include headers, it makes it sound as if this feature
>is now working in 1.3!  I'm basically asking if this is the case, and if so,
>how the heck can I get it to work??

Intuition does not provide for mutual exclusion of boolean gadgets.  Intuition
was basically unchanged for V1.3.  Thus the same rules apply for V1.3 as were
in effect for V1.2.  The V1.2 Enhancer Manual offers a method of managing
mutually-excluded gadgets yourself.  Briefly, remove the boolean gadget
from the window/requester [RemoveGadget() or RemoveGList()], set or clear
(as necessary) the gadget's SELECTED flag,  add the gadget back to the
window/requester [AddGadget() or AddGList()], and, finally, refresh
[RefreshGadgets() or RefreshGList()].

A warning from the Enhancer:

    It is strongly recommended that you play these games only with Boolean
    gadgets rendered with images and highlighted by complement mode rendering.
    Further, the Activation Type should be GADGIMMEDIATE (and not RELVERIFY,
    nor TOGGLESELECT) with your state changes executed upon receiving the
    GADGETDOWN message.

--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100

rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) (06/01/89)

Ooppss!!! I goofed! I think that was the ONLY manual that I didn't look in to
find answers!  I just now turned to page 59 of the 1.2 Enhancer book and saw
what you were talking about!

you'll have to pardon my numbskull-osciety  (:->)