[comp.sys.amiga.tech] It's not easy being green

bmacintyre@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Blair MacIntyre) (06/01/89)

In article <107432@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> page@sun.UUCP (Bob Page) writes:
>u586182058ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu Frank Kuan wrote:
>This should be in the 'most asked questions' posting, along with
>"what does color X mean on startup?"
>
>- Check the for RAM at $C00000
>- Move SYS_BASE to $C00000 if it exists
>- RAM Test
>- Pass or fail the RAM to the Screen (green if bad)

Ok, now I have a little nagging worry.

Whenever I test my LUCAS board, it either works or it fails on boot
with the green screen.

Now I realize that this is supposed to mean I have bad ram.  Obviously
I don't, since nothing like that happens without LUCAS.  Should I
be worried, or is it just that the system is picking that particular
time to die on bootup.  I should mention that I have a Spirit Inboard
in there too, which is why I left that $C00000 stuff in above.

Just curious.

Blair
--
= Blair MacIntyre, bmacintyre@watcgl.{waterloo.edu, UWaterloo.ca}          // =
=   now appearing at the Computer Graphics Lab, U of Waterloo!           \X/  =