[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Gadget Mutual Exclusion

bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (=> robart <=) (06/01/89)

In article <16305@gryphon.COM> rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) writes:
> I know that the old RKM's say that this field in the Gadget structure is
>ignored, but according to the Workbench 1.3 Assembly Include headers, it makes
>it sound as if this feature is now working in 1.3!  I'm basically asking if
>this is the case, and if so, how the heck can I get it to work??

  Here's what the 1.3 Includes & Autodocs says about gadget mutual exclusion:
    "Intuition does the visual unselecting (with checkmarks) and leaves it up
    to the program to unselect internally"
  I'm not quite sure what they mean by checkmarking a gadget.  I thought
checkmarks were only for menu items.

nichiren@glyph.UUCP (Andy Heffernan) (06/05/89)

In article <1299@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (=> robart <=) writes:
->In article <16305@gryphon.COM> rickf@pnet02.cts.com (Rick Flower) writes:
->> I know that the old RKM's say that this field in the Gadget structure is
->>ignored, but according to the Workbench 1.3 Assembly Include headers, it makes
->>it sound as if this feature is now working in 1.3!  I'm basically asking if
->>this is the case, and if so, how the heck can I get it to work??
->
->  Here's what the 1.3 Includes & Autodocs says about gadget mutual exclusion:
->    "Intuition does the visual unselecting (with checkmarks) and leaves it up
->    to the program to unselect internally"
->  I'm not quite sure what they mean by checkmarking a gadget.  I thought
->checkmarks were only for menu items.

This is an old RJ comment from the Gadget definition in intuition.h and,
as it refers to a feature never implemented, it is not accurate.

Andy Heffernan              uunet!glyph!nichiren            [1222 - 1282]