[comp.sys.amiga.tech] 2090 low level

deraadt@enme.UCalgary.CA (06/05/89)

I am very surpised that noone will [or can] talk to me about how to
really talk to the 2090 hard drive controller when AmigaDOS has been
killed. Geez. I need only 4 lines of code showing me how to toggle
states into it, never knew that C-A ran their Amiga source code tracking
like Fort Knox.

The guys who built the thing don't answer their mail, requests to other
people at C-A go unanswered, or "we can't help you", nobody on UseNet
knows anything.. this is worse than the DES chip! I would really like
to get Minix off the ground. Come on guys, free Unix for the Amiga! No
68020 needed! (ok, it's slow.) Nobody cares??

I'm very dissapointed.
 <tdr.
Theo de Raadt              CPSC student              Calgary, Alberta, Canada
(403) 289-5894

In <1476@cs-spool.calgary.UUCP>, deraadt@enme.UCalgary.CA writes:
>I am very surpised that noone will [or can] talk to me about how to
>really talk to the 2090 hard drive controller when AmigaDOS has been
>killed. Geez. I need only 4 lines of code showing me how to toggle
>states into it, never knew that C-A ran their Amiga source code tracking
>like Fort Knox.

The A500/A2000 Tech Ref Manual has the information you need. It's available
from CATS for $40 US. It isn't source code, but it does tell you how the disk
controller works, and how you tickle it.

-larry

--
Van Roy's Law:  An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
|   //   Larry Phillips                                                |