[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Manx update to v3.6a

ba@m2-net.UUCP (Bill Allen) (06/02/89)

Has anyone heard when we'll see an update to Aztec/Manx c?
My version 3.6a is dated 18-Dec-87.  (Yes 1987).
Is this the latest release?
Jim, talk to me.
or call Sharewarer's BBS at 313-473-2020 24hrs, PCP thru MIDET, 100% Amiga

murphy@pur-phy (William J. Murphy) (06/06/89)

I talked to Manx a few weeks ago, and their next release has been pushed
off to this fall.  The person I spoke with was not pleased with this.
Note the follow-ups have been directed to c.s.a.
Bill Murphy

dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (06/13/89)

I am reposting this because it bounced back to me from some server or
another (I doubt anyone not local could read the original).

In some article chad@cup.portal.com (Chad The-Walrus Netzer) writes:
>    Take all the time you need to make 5.0 solid, bug free, and feature
>packed, Jim...  Don't release it until that is done and all the known bugs are
>fixed...  MHO, that's all.

And please, please, please release something ANSI compatible (ESPECIALLY
prototypes) in the mean time (can you say yesterday?).  Sure there are a
lot of neat features that can be added, but the Amiga needed this from
the start, and I REALLY wanted it when I bought my copy of K&RII - almost
a year ago!!!

Will the first version of Amiga Aztec C++ come about the time an ANSI
committee has been started and completed a standard?  Or will it be a
few years after the draft standard has been pretty stable and adopted
by all competition?

--
 dTb                                                                       dTb
      I know enough about epistemology to know that I don't know anything