[comp.sys.amiga.tech] GVP 68030 reviewed in Sentry / 68040

451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) (06/16/89)

Mark Huth <mph@behemoth.phx.mcd.mot.com> writes in

> Current specs for '040 - released, not internal rumors -

Oh, external rumors?

> 68882 compatible FPU
> Internal Harvard Architecture

How about external architecture? Does it have separate data space and
instruction space buses? I hope not, we're not ready for this.

> On chip PMMU
> Two 4k caches- in physical address space, simultaneously accessible
> Two ATC - simultaneous address translation for data and instructions
> Bus snooping for cache coherency
> '030 object compatible
> Concurrent FPU, IPU, MMU/BIU execution.
>
> Look for it in 25,33,50 and possibly 100 MHz versions.

Prices?

Valentin
"An  operating  system  without         Name:   Valentin Pepelea
 virtual memory is an operating         Phonet: (613) 231-7476 (New!)
 system without virtue."                Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
         - Ancient Inca Proverb         Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA

mph@behemoth.phx.mcd.mot.com (Mark Huth) (06/20/89)

In article <8906160412.AA09343@jade.berkeley.edu> 451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) writes:

>How about external architecture? Does it have separate data space and
>instruction space buses? I hope not, we're not ready for this.

Single logical bus; 32 bits data and address, not multiplexed.

Sorry, you'll have to get your own pricing.

Mark Huth