[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Execute function and ^C

collins@pnet02.cts.com (Steven Collins) (06/26/89)

I have a C program that uses the Execute function to perform the
cli command:  execute mybatchfile. The batchfile then goes off and
performs a bunch of time consuming commands. What I want to be able to
do is interrupt the thing in the middle (perhaps by typing ^C at the console).
Is there a way to send an interrupt of some kind (eg a ^D to interrupt
the batchfile execution ) to a command that was started with the
Execute function?  Or is there a way I can get directly to the commands
that the batchfile is performing and send a ^C to their stdin?
Thanks in advance...
                      steve collins

UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!collins
INET: collins@pnet02.cts.com

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (06/28/89)

In article <17114@gryphon.COM> collins@pnet02.cts.com (Steven Collins) writes:
>I have a C program that uses the Execute function to perform the
>cli command:  execute mybatchfile. The batchfile then goes off and
>performs a bunch of time consuming commands. What I want to be able to
>do is interrupt the thing in the middle (perhaps by typing ^C at the console).

Instead of doing an "execute mybatchfile", try using:
"NewCLI con:0/0/600/160/foo from mybatchfile".  The new CLI will execute your
commands, and it has this nice big window where you can type ^C and/or ^D.
You will need to put an "EndCLI" statement at the end of the file.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms