[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Does SelectFill work?

lindwall@sdsu.UUCP (John Lindwall) (06/13/89)

	I am playing with Intuition menus.  It seems that the HIGHIMAGE style
of highlighting only works for Image items and not Intuitext items.

	I've created an Intuitext menu item with Flags = HIGHIMAGE | ITEMTEXT.
I've supplied the ItemFill pointer and a SelectFill pointer.  When the menu
drops the ItemFill text is displayed as expected.  When the mouse pointer is
moved over the item it seems that the SelectFill text is overwritten on top
of the ItemFill text.  Thus the text is unreadable - since both strings are
visible simultaneously, on top of one another.  I guess Intuition forgot to
erase the ItemFill text before zapping the SelectFill text in there.

	Image MenuItems using SelectFill seem to work fine.

	I've never seen anyone use this methods of highlighting and I guess I
now know why.  Is this a bug, a feature, or am I hosed up in some way?

--------------------
John Lindwall			johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
The above opinions are mine, not my employer's.

adam@cbmvax.UUCP ( CATS) (06/29/89)

In article <3837@sdsu.UUCP> lindwall@sdsu.UUCP (John Lindwall) writes:

>	I am playing with Intuition menus.  It seems that the HIGHIMAGE style
>of highlighting only works for Image items and not Intuitext items.
>
>	I've created an Intuitext menu item with Flags = HIGHIMAGE | ITEMTEXT.
>I've supplied the ItemFill pointer and a SelectFill pointer.  When the menu
>drops the ItemFill text is displayed as expected.  When the mouse pointer is
>moved over the item it seems that the SelectFill text is overwritten on top
>of the ItemFill text.  Thus the text is unreadable - since both strings are
>visible simultaneously, on top of one another.  I guess Intuition forgot to
>erase the ItemFill text before zapping the SelectFill text in there.
>
>	Image MenuItems using SelectFill seem to work fine.
>
>	I've never seen anyone use this methods of highlighting and I guess I
>now know why.  Is this a bug, a feature, or am I hosed up in some way?

>John Lindwall			johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
>The above opinions are mine, not my employer's.

I bet you are specifying the JAM1 drawing mode for the IntuiText structures.
Use JAM2 and it will work.  For an interesting effect, try COMPLEMENT mode.
  Adam

--
     Adam Keith Levin  --  CATS   Commodore-Amiga Technical Support
     1200 Wilson Drive / West Chester, PA  19380     (215) 431-9180