[comp.sys.amiga.tech] YALW

451061@UOTTAWA.BITNET (Valentin Pepelea) (07/04/89)

Doug Merritt <doug@xdos.uucp> in message <406@xdos.UUCP> writes:

> I find it interesting that Sun is now using Forth in their firmware in
> their newest machines. Perhaps we're going in the direction of multiple
> language use in general. There's a lot to be said for this approach;
> all languages have their strong and their weak points.

When a company uses Forth to write software, it means only one thing: they
want it finished by tomorrow. This is typical of defense contractors, who
have to have their bid beating that deadline...

...or those Q&A engineers who have to test out their product by the shipping
date announced. Now you know why...   :-)

> Doug

Valentin
The godess of democracy? "The           Name:   Valentin Pepelea
tyrants may distroy a statue,           Phonet: (613) 231-7476
but they cannot kill a god."            Bitnet: 451061@Uottawa.bitnet
                                        Usenet: Use cunyvm.cuny.edu gate
                   - Confucius          Planet: 451061@acadvm1.UOttawa.CA