[comp.sys.amiga.tech] exploding shoes

richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) (07/14/89)

Hi there.

A subtle hint for out friends at Los Gatos that do the font stuff:

In comp.fonts, article <812@acorn.co.uk> john@acorn.co.uk (John Bowler) writes:

>The point about the Acorn DTP font format (which may have given rise to
>the above confusion) is that the hints combined with the support for
>anti-aliased fonts within the operating system allow the production of
>quite reasonable screen fonts at small point sizes.  Of course, the other
>advantage is that the software is available now :-) (In Europe)
>
>John Bowler, Acorn Computers Ltd

Hints, thats right, HINTS. ?!?!?!

--
         When Olegs are outlawed, only outlaws will have Olegs.
richard@gryphon.COM  decwrl!gryphon!richard   gryphon!richard@elroy.jpl.NASA.GOV

jimm@amiga.UUCP (Jim Mackraz) (07/16/89)

In article <17650@gryphon.COM> richard@gryphon.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
)Hi there.
)
)A subtle hint for out friends at Los Gatos that do the font stuff:

Perhaps of interest: Adobe has relatively recently licensed its "hints"
technology to lots of font system vendors, including non-PS compatible.

Go figure.  Forgive the interruption if you were actually raving about something
else.

)Hints, thats right, HINTS. ?!?!?!

That's right, raving.

	jimm
    "Eat fast, solve all your problems and fulfill yourself."
						- not me

--
Jim Mackraz, I and I Computing	   	"... the signs are very ominous,
{cbmvax,well,oliveb}!amiga!jimm          and a chill wind blows."