[comp.sys.amiga.tech] LUCAS and B2000

stephan@cup.portal.com (Stephen Derek Schaem) (07/13/89)

 Anyone got a lucas board running in there amiga 2000? I tried today with
no luck.

	I first build a extansion flat cable so I could place lucas in the
case, but I had the yellow screen comming up all the time (green screen is
bad fast ram?, had this one also, sometime).I thought of bad wire connection
so I took everything apart (I mean everything) and could plug lucas directly.
Exact same result.I still tried from 25mhz (work perfectly on the A1000 to
16mhz, again same result).

	My question is, is it possible to use lucas in the 2000? and anyone
planing to take the lucas and francis drawing to use the CPU slot in the
2000? That would be nice, I dont have the knowledge to do it and dont even
know how mutch it would cost to make the PCB.

	Also, is it possible some way to get a A2620 without the RAM and
68020 and 68881 on it? I already have those parts and 3 meg of 256x4 100ns
dram... It would be a total waist for me to get a A2620 in any other contition

roadman@portia.Stanford.EDU (arthur walker) (07/13/89)

In article <20390@cup.portal.com>, stephan@cup.portal.com (Stephen Derek Schaem) writes:

>  Anyone got a lucas board running in there amiga 2000? I tried today with
> no luck.
>
> 	My question is, is it possible to use lucas in the 2000? and anyone
> planing to take the lucas and francis drawing to use the CPU slot in the
> 2000? That would be nice, I dont have the knowledge to do it and dont even
> know how mutch it would cost to make the PCB.
I think you could buy the PCB from RONIN.  Their first 68020/881 was a 1000
piggyback, and they therefore built an upgrade board for the 2000 that
provides a 64 pin socket from the 86 pin 2000 socket.  I believe this board
did not also include the 32 bit memory hardware, so it is probably not too
expnsive.  Likewise, since their current design uses a single board in the
86 pin socket, they probably have a liquidation stock of the adapter board.
415-748-8560.

> 	Also, is it possible some way to get a A2620 without the RAM and
> 68020 and 68881 on it? I already have those parts and 3 meg of 256x4 100ns
> dram... It would be a total waist for me to get a A2620 in any other contition
OK, don't waist.  Uh, you could always sell your 68020/881 and a meg of your
chips.  IF what you have is zips, you can solder 2->4m on the 2620.  Maybe
you will find some sucker who will pay you a lot for the 020/881.

art walker
Oh, I have no affiliation with Ronin.  I don't even own one of their boards.

stephan@cup.portal.com (Stephen Derek Schaem) (07/16/89)

 I already took the B2000 all apart to check if it would actualy work.
All I got out of it is a grenn screen, swaping all kind of 74 with each
crystal with 16,20,25 for value.
 None work, but most of those work on the A1000... And for lucas memory board
I will defenectly need a new case.Maybe get a Personal Iris case:-)
 Also lucas wont fit standing up in the 2000 case.
It would be so nice to have lucas and francis together and usable in the 2000
expansion connector.