[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Star printer driver wanted

nobody@prles2.UUCP (nobody) (07/12/89)

I recently purchased a STAR-NL10 dot matrix printer for my
Amiga 500, but my Workbench diskette (V1.2) does not include
the appropriate driver for this printer, so that I can not
use the printer escape codes.  Could someone tell me where
I can find the driver for this printer, or if you own it
send a copy on the net.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Hens.

koykka@utacs.UTA.FI (Sami K|ykk{) (07/12/89)

In article <566@prles2.UUCP> hens@apolloway.prl.philips.nl (Patrick Hens (44014)) writes:
>I recently purchased a STAR-NL10 dot matrix printer for my
>Amiga 500, but my Workbench diskette (V1.2) does not include
>the appropriate driver for this printer...

"Epson"-driver will do fine. I use Workbench 1.3 "EpsonX" with my Star
LC-10 and everything works fine.

Sami K|ykk{
koykka@utacs.uta.fi

nobody@prles2.UUCP (nobody) (07/25/89)

Thanks to those of you who sent me hints on the usage of the STAR
NL-10 printer.  But, my problems are not solved yet.

Most of you adviced me to try different Epson drivers.  And indeed,
I can do graphic screen dumps with them and print standard files.

But my problem is the usage of the printer escape codes: an example:
when I use the command LPRINT CHR$(27);"4" in AmigaBasic my printer
should be set up for italic characters as described in the 'Parallel
Interface Cartridge For NL-10'-manual.  Now, the Epson drivers
do not translate these codes correctly for the STAR NL-10 so that
it does not react at all or unpredictably.

So what I need is a driver that translates these codes correctly,
or a translated code table.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Hens