[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Are replacement "Daughterboards" available for the A1000?

rickf@pnet02.gryphon.com (Rick Flower) (07/23/89)

I believe that I've munched my original daughterboard on my A1000 that contain
the PAL's.. I was wondering IF they are available through some of the
authorized dealers and what the typical price is for one...

Thanks in Advance!
|               Caution, Assembly Language Programmer at Play!                |
|             UUCP: {ames!elroy, <backbone>}!gryphon!pnet02!rickf             |
|             INET: rickf@pnet02.gryphon.com                                  |
+=============================================================================+

In article <17998@gryphon.COM> rickf@pnet02.gryphon.com (Rick Flower) writes:
> I believe that I've munched my original daughterboard on my A1000 that contain
> the PAL's.. I was wondering IF they are available through some of the
> authorized dealers and what the typical price is for one...

I believe they used to be, but now the only option is for mother+daughter
repair/exchange.  This is going to set you back some $$$, so look for
somebody who will do some debugging first...

news@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Net news owner) (07/26/89)

there will be daughterboards a plenty as soon as it is available.  If you can
hold on I intend to upgrade and my understanding is that it will replace the
daughterboard, so mine would be available.
From: trantow@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jerry J Trantow)

Jerry J. Trantow          | When wealth is lost,
1560 A. East Irving Place | nothing is lost,
Milwaukee, Wi 53202-1460  | When character is lost,
(414) 289-0503            | All is lost.

rickf@pnet02.gryphon.com (Rick Flower) (07/27/89)

Jerry J Trantow writes:
>there will be daughterboards a plenty as soon as it is available.  If you can
>hold on I intend to upgrade and my understanding is that it will replace the
>daughterboard, so mine would be available.
>From: trantow@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jerry J Trantow)

What exactly are you upgrading to/from on your A1000?? I'm a little lost on
your message...