[comp.sys.amiga.tech] NoClick & Null Volume

) (07/29/89)

I pulled the NoClick saveset from the net and when i try
'runback >NIL: noclick' i get a requestor to mount volume NULL. How
do i get around this?

Mark Kaye		|		|				|
Box 172, Munster Hamlet	| 613-838-3580  | kaye@fscore.dec.com		|
Ontario, Canada K0A 3P0	|		| DEC fscore::kaye or kaye @kao	|

cknight@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) (07/29/89)

In article <3832@shlump.nac.dec.com> kaye@FSCORE.dec.com (Mark Kaye) writes:

>I pulled the NoClick saveset from the net and when i try
>'runback >NIL: noclick' i get a requestor to mount volume NULL. How
>do i get around this?

Either use run >NIL: or mount NULL:...runback requires the NULL: device
(if you don't have the NULL: handler, it's available via anonymous FTP...)
--
cknight@polyslo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius---

) (07/29/89)

>Either use run >NIL: or mount NULL:...runback requires the NULL: device
>(if you don't have the NULL: handler, it's available via anonymous FTP...)
>--

Yes, i was an idiot and didn't have all the required stuff for
RunBack. I do now, and everytime i try 'runback noclick' i get a guru.
'runback machii' works fine. Am i still an idiot somehow?

In article <3837@shlump.nac.dec.com> kaye@FSCORE.dec.com (Mark Kaye - He who dies with the most toys - is dead!) writes:

>Yes, i was an idiot and didn't have all the required stuff for
>RunBack. I do now, and everytime i try 'runback noclick' i get a guru.
>'runback machii' works fine. Am i still an idiot somehow?

I think you've run into the same sort of problem that I've had, trying
to run/runback a program that installs itself in background itself...
causing the GURU to visit.  Noclick is smart enough to detach itself though...
--
cknight@polyslo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius---

cknight@polyweso.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) (07/29/89)

cknight@polywlo.calpoly.edu                                  ---King Claudius--