[comp.sys.amiga.tech] A2090A & SCSI devices

al@amy.UUCP (Alex Arthur) (07/29/89)

	Does anyone have any experience with using the SCSI bus on the 2090A
for devices other than the hddisk.device?  I would like to use the bus to
support development of SCSI tape software.  Looking at the new "Includes &
AutoDocs", it seems that there is some kind of support for it (I refer
to device/scsidisk.h in Lattice v5.02 too).  Does anyone know how to use
these #defines?  Where are the hooks into the SCSI device?

						Thanks,
								Al
P.S. - Please reply to ...{sbcs,philabs}!nyit!aca

--
Alex Arthur / System Programmer, NYIT Computer Graphics Laboratory
USMAIL: 1 Major Lane, New Hyde Park, N.Y., 11040-2127 (Home)

In article <0254.AA0254@amy> al@amy.UUCP (Alex Arthur) writes:
>	Does anyone have any experience with using the SCSI bus on the 2090A
>for devices other than the hddisk.device?  I would like to use the bus to
>support development of SCSI tape software.  Looking at the new "Includes &
>AutoDocs", it seems that there is some kind of support for it (I refer
>to device/scsidisk.h in Lattice v5.02 too).  Does anyone know how to use
>these #defines?  Where are the hooks into the SCSI device?

	The A2090(a) software doesn't support scsidisk.h yet.  It should at
some point, and a number of 3rd party drives, as well as our new A590 (a500
HD controller) support it.  Sorry.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"