[comp.sys.amiga.tech] AreaEllipse

gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Gary Smith) (07/29/89)

Has anyone had trouble using AreaEllipse to draw filled ellipses?
I use it to draw circles in a basketball animation sequence and
it leaves plenty of resided behind (whereas DrawEllipse and Flood
do not).  Are both AreaMove and EndArea required for this routine
(as opposed to AreaDraw?)  If so where do I AreaMove it to? The
centre?  Is this documented anywhere?

Thanks for any solutions,
Gary.
gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu

ckp@grebyn.com (Checkpoint Technologies) (08/01/89)

In article <10850@watcgl.waterloo.edu> gksmith@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Gary Smith) writes:

>Has anyone had trouble using AreaEllipse to draw filled ellipses?
>I use it to draw circles in a basketball animation sequence and
>it leaves plenty of resided behind (whereas DrawEllipse and Flood
>do not).

AreaEllipse seems to have a bug. I would get odd lines drawn through my
ellipses. I finally made the problem go away by clearing my area vector
array to zeroes before each call to AreaEllipse.

You should not need AreaMove before an AreaEllipse. You need an AreaEnd
to get the ellipse rendered at the end. (But of course you know this.)

--
First comes the logo: C H E C K P O I N T  T E C H N O L O G I E S      / /
                                                                    \\ / /