[comp.sys.amiga.tech] New Gordo Agnes...?

hunt@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Lee Cameron Hunt) (08/13/89)

Here in Boulder, CO I was talking to a local dealer and he was telling
me that the new Amigas were shipped with a daughterboard attached to the
Agnes which, in turn, is socketed in the motherboard.  He implied that this
was new, that previously the Agnes was simply socketed in the motherboard
directly.

   Is this true?  If so, any reason? (prep for the ECS, perhaps?)

--Lee

In article <10721@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hunt@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Lee Cameron Hunt) writes:
> Here in Boulder, CO I was talking to a local dealer and he was telling
> me that the new Amigas were shipped with a daughterboard attached to the
> Agnes which, in turn, is socketed in the motherboard.  He implied that this
> was new, that previously the Agnes was simply socketed in the motherboard
> directly.
>
>    Is this true?  If so, any reason? (prep for the ECS, perhaps?)

No, this person sounds rather confused.  Some A2000's do have a little
tower board over by the DRAM to make static column DRAM work with the
Amiga chipset, but Agnus sits tight in her normal socket...