[comp.sys.amiga.tech] XPR definition

dean.gaudet@canremote.uucp (DEAN GAUDET) (08/16/89)

I'm interested in any information on the Xpr standard which VLT uses for
external protocols.  esp: any xpr libraries which may have been
developed.  I'm interested in implementing a Zmodem xpr library.

Are there any Ymodem-G, Imodem, or Xmodem-1k-G drivers for the Amiga?
Or anything which works great with an MNP level 5 modem?

Thanks a lot,
Dean
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.01R

esker@abaa.uucp (Lawrence Esker) (08/17/89)

In article <89081607032485@masnet.uucp> dean.gaudet@canremote.uucp (DEAN GAUDET) writes:
>I'm interested in any information on the Xpr standard which VLT uses for
>external protocols.  esp: any xpr libraries which may have been
>developed.  I'm interested in implementing a Zmodem xpr library.

I was just on compuserve yesterday.  Someone had just uploaded a *large*
technical definition on the XPR standard and a complete ZMODEM implementation.
I haven't dowloaded these yet to check for accuracy or clean operation (ie.
no bugs :-).  Unfortunately, someone removed the VLT terminal before I got
a chance to download it.

>Are there any Ymodem-G, Imodem, or Xmodem-1k-G drivers for the Amiga?
>Or anything which works great with an MNP level 5 modem?

Didn't see anything related to these protocols yet.  Sorry.

In <1326@abaa.UUCP>, esker@abaa.uucp (Lawrence Esker) writes:
>I was just on compuserve yesterday.  Someone had just uploaded a *large*
>technical definition on the XPR standard and a complete ZMODEM implementation.
>I haven't dowloaded these yet to check for accuracy or clean operation (ie.
>no bugs :-).  Unfortunately, someone removed the VLT terminal before I got
>a chance to download it.

VLT was erased in preparation for the latest version (with XPR) going up.
Unfortunately, the sysop accidentally clobbered his only copy of the atest VLT
before it could get up there. Betty Clay thinks she has access to the latest
version, and if she is right, it should be up in LIB 1 by the time you read
this.

-larry

--
"So what the hell are we going to do with a Sun?" - Darlene Phillips -