[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Middle mousebutton

a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) (08/29/89)

In Msg-ID: <PORTUESI.89Aug29093052@tweezers.esd.sgi.com>,
Michael Portuesi writes:
|}
|} In article <446@mindlink.UUCP> a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor)
|} writes:
|}      PS.
|}  While I'm dreaming, does anybody know if there is support for the middle
|}  mouse button in 1.4?
|}
|
| I'm pretty sure Intuition has had support for the middle mouse button
| since the beginning.  It's certainly there from 1.2 onward.
|
|                                --M

   Ummm. Not sure what you are looking at, Michael. The codes have been
 assigned, but intuition ignores the input.device data. I based my question
 on a simple test program I wrote which monitored the hardware and
 intuition codes & qualifiers. Although the hardware showed the middle
 mouse button events, intuition didn't. I didn't test input.device.
   I notice that Michael Sinz MiddleButton is on the Amigan PD Disk #23.
   <-Harvey

  "Now that I have no ladder,
       I must lie down where all the ladders begin,
               in the rag and bone shop of the heart" -WBY

  Harvey Taylor      Meta Media Productions
   uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Harvey_Taylor or a186@mindlink.UUCP

portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi) (08/31/89)

   From: a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.tech
   Date: 29 Aug 89 16:48:52 GMT

   Michael Portuesi writes:
   | I'm pretty sure Intuition has had support for the middle mouse button
   | since the beginning.  It's certainly there from 1.2 onward.
   |
   |                                --M

      Ummm. Not sure what you are looking at, Michael. The codes have been
    assigned, but intuition ignores the input.device data.

Sometime's I'm not sure what I'm looking at myself.  Anyway, yes the
codes are assigned.  I went ahead and made the assumption that
Intuition did support the middle button, and that there was simply a
lack of hardware and applications to take advantage of the feature.

				--M

--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi	Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.

  "$16,000!  And all he wanted to do was dip us in plaster!"