[comp.sys.amiga.tech] ARP Programming

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (09/05/89)

I recently obtained the ARP 1.2 programming materials.

I un-arced the MANXLIB stuff, and stuck the libraries in the appropriate
directories on my HD. But, when I went to "ln" a sample program, using
arp.lib, ln complained that arp.lib was not a valid library. It turns
out that NONE of the supplied libraries are "liked" by ln.

So, I decided to re-make the libraries....

The first thing make does is assemble arpcrt0.asm (I think). This file
does an include on <exec/exec_lib.i>. The assembler throws up all over
the place on this file.

The file exec/exec_lib.I has a bunch of lines that look like this:

        FUNCDEF Supervisor
        FUNCDEF ExitIntr
        FUNCDEF Schedule

The assembler can't find the macro FUNCDEF. Neither can I!

Does anyone know where this macro lives and what it does (build
_LVO??? entries perhaps?)? What is the purpose of including
exec_lib.i in the first place? If I take out the include, everything
works fine, but I am sure it's in there for a reason!

Does anyone know why none of the Manx librarys are any good?

--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (09/06/89)

Can anyone tell me where to get the latest arp.library AND information on
the calls included in it (i.e., how to call it)?  I can FTP.  Thanks -- Darren

derhak@wasatch.utah.edu (Max W. Derhak) (09/06/89)

In article <23233@louie.udel.EDU> new@udel.EDU (Darren New) writes:
>Can anyone tell me where to get the latest arp.library AND information on
>the calls included in it (i.e., how to call it)?  I can FTP.  Thanks -- Darren

I would sure appreciate any information about programming ARP 1.3 as well.
I'm using Manx 3.6a.

Max Derhak (derhak@cs.utah.edu)