[comp.sys.amiga.tech] ???? Lattice Update Availability ????

grwalter@watmath.waterloo.edu (Fred Walter) (09/11/89)

In article <124370@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> cmcmanis@sun.UUCP (Chuck McManis) writes:
>are some serious optimizer bugs that got fixed in 5.04 (which is due
>out RSN according to Jtoebes at a recent BADGE meeting) and to get the
>update will require that you call Lattice and ask for it.

How will we know when to call Lattice and ask for 5.04 ? If they are doing
a mail-out to all registered owners to inform them of the update, why not just
send the update then ? I imagine most people will phone Lattice asking for the
update when they hear about its availability....

	fred

mwm@eris.berkeley.edu (Mike (I'll think of something yet) Meyer) (09/12/89)

<
<How will we know when to call Lattice and ask for 5.04 ? If they are doing
<a mail-out to all registered owners to inform them of the update, why not just
<send the update then ? I imagine most people will phone Lattice asking for the
<update when they hear about its availability....

I recall JToebes saying something different than what Chuck does -
that you had to call the Lattice BBS and download the fixes. That's
SOP with me though, so I could be wrong.

Given this, what I suspect is that the patches will be on the LBBS
(which is SOP for Lattice), and sent to those who call in with
bugs/complaints that were fixed in that update.

BTW, JToebes also said that _all_ reported bugs for 5.02 had been
fixed as of the time he was at Badge. If you haven't reported the
bugs, you can only blame yourself if they aren't fixed.

	<mike
--
Round about, round about, in a fair ring-a.		Mike Meyer
Thus we dance, thus we dance, and thus we sing-a.	mwm@berkeley.edu