[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Terrible docs!!!

dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (09/27/89)

In article <20136@usc.edu> addison@pollux.usc.edu (Richard Addison) writes:
>In article <20125@usc.edu> papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:
>>
>>All the required code is available on pp. 69-75 of the Amiga Enhancer
>>Software manual Version 1.2, courtesy of Jim Mackraz.
>
>1.2.  I now have version 1.3.  I do not, however, have the Amiga Enhancer
>Software manual Version 1.2 that Marco refers to here.
>
>Is there, or will there be, a manual that is a proper superset of the
>Amiga Enhancer Manual?

I bought my A1000 just as the 1.2 AmigaDOS manual arrived at the dealers
(though I had to buy the 1.2 enhancer package)!  Hence, I never bothered
to read the 1.2 Enhancer docs, and missed the updates to the RKM's.

This was about three years ago.  Isn't this long enough to wait for quality
documentation for programmers?!?

No wonder so many programs "don't follow the rules."  We are conditioned to
believe that the "official" manuals are often full of s**t!

Surely the situation will change with 1.4, but unless you are a certified
developer, that won't be for a long time (all rumors aside).  Most software
isn't written by certified developers, it's written by college students and
other otherwise broke people who can't afford to fly across the country for
conferences anyway.

--
	    A lack of prior planning on the part of any programmer
		       always constitutes an emergency.

           Digital Teddy Bear      dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu