[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Supra SCSI Problems on the 1000

mentor@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rodney K Rickenbach) (09/26/89)

I have an Amiga 1000 w/ an Escort 2 memory expansion unit from Expansion
Technologies (2 megs).  This brings it to a grand total of 2.5 megs.
I just purchased a Supra SCSI Adaptor for the 1000.  (I don't have the SCSI
drive yet, but I decided to hook it up to make sure there were no problems.
Oh well...)

Here's the problem:
  The Escort 2 is on the expansion bus.  This is where the scsi adaptor goes
  also.  At first, I put the SCSI at the end of the chain.  The system boots
  up, but once you click on anything w/ the mouse, it's guru time.

  If I put the SCSI in front of the Memory in the chain, the system boots,
  ignores the External memory (~400K free).

  Supra suggested grounding the PALS.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?

-Rod
mentor@vax1.acs.udel.edu
(302)-292-2622

thomas@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) (09/27/89)

In article <4482@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> mentor@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Rodney K Rickenbach) writes:
>Here's the problem:
>  The Escort 2 is on the expansion bus.  This is where the scsi adaptor goes
>  also.  At first, I put the SCSI at the end of the chain.  The system boots
>  up, but once you click on anything w/ the mouse, it's guru time.
>
>  If I put the SCSI in front of the Memory in the chain, the system boots,
>  ignores the External memory (~400K free).
>
>  Supra suggested grounding the PALS.  Anyone else have an opinion on this?
>
>-Rod

I agree with Supra although if that doesn't cure the problem you may wish to
add faster PAL chips to the Amiga.  I had a similar problem when I connected
my StarBoard II and CLtd. Controller together.  I ended up grounding AND
replacing the PAL chips.  I got my replacement PALS from CLtd for around
$20.00.  Well I thought I would let you know of my experiences.  Hope it
helps.

--
         ____
        / / /  Amiga 1000  | Thomas "Maverick" Schwarz  -  Sirius Software