[comp.sys.amiga.tech] cia resource

rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) (09/15/88)

The cia.resource is somewhat documented in the RKM2.
However, I couldn't find the corresponding fd.file anywhere.
When I say anywhere, I mean 1.2 system disks, 1.3 system disks,
DevCon disks. I can't find the offsets for those AddICRVector and such.
It seems that only the potgo.resource deserved its fd.file.
Of course you could object that I don't need them from C, and I can
do without in 68000.
I need them for xlisp, no kidding !
--
*- Francois Rouaix                 //       When the going gets tough,       *
*- rouaix@inria.inria.fr         \X/           the guru goes meditating...   *

bryce@cbmvax.UUCP (Bryce Nesbitt) (09/17/88)

In article <1104@inria.UUCP> rouaix@inria.UUCP (Francois Rouaix) writes:

>The cia.resource is somewhat documented in the RKM2.
>However, I couldn't find the corresponding fd.file anywhere.
>I can't find the offsets for those AddICRVector and such.

Not too surprising, there is none.
If you just want the offsets, try this:

##bias 6
##public
AddICRVector(bit,interrupt)(a6,d0,a1)
RemICRVector(bit)(a6,d0)
AbleICR(mask)(a6,d0)
SetICR(mask)(a6,d0)
##end

kodiak@amiga.UUCP (Robert R. Burns) (09/19/88)

)
)##bias 6
)##public
)AddICRVector(bit,interrupt)(a6,d0,a1)
)RemICRVector(bit)(a6,d0)
)AbleICR(mask)(a6,d0)
)SetICR(mask)(a6,d0)
)##end

Note Bryce's disclaimer.  This .fd file differs from all others in its form.
Note the lack of a ##base line.  The interface generated for the CIAs require
that the caller pass in the resource base as a parameter, *not* as a globally
scoped name like _QWEBase.  This form of an .fd file is not understood by
Basic.

- Kodiak
--
|\   Kodiak    \   amiga!kodiak       _______/ A \| \/ |_|_|___|/ A \
| \ Software                        "dedicated to the science of fun"\_________

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (09/29/89)

I'm trying to get a reliable method for determining the
event of the floppy disk drive index. I thought that
if I opened the ciab.resource and allocated the flag
bit of the Interrupt Control Register to my routine,
then I could capture this event.

However the SetICRVector call fails - a bit of looking
around appears to show that the disk.resource has the
vector allocated, but it seems that the Interrupt structure
pointed to is all zeroes!

I could have done something silly, but then I don't
have any details on the structure of the ciab.resource.

What I'm actually looking to do is to get an indication
of the disk's rotation by this method, but perhaps there's
another way to do the same thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions which could help me
past this roadblock?

Thanks,
--
   __ 	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.