[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Trouble with Image

850031m@aucs.uucp (GORDON R. MAC GREGOR) (10/21/89)

Has anyone ever encountered an annoying "feature" with Image'es that
causes them not to be displayed on a window (or display garbage)?
I attached an image structure to a gadget (yes set the GADGIMAGE flag) and
it wouldnt disply.  Trying a DrawImage() with the image structure failed
to work too.  I spent long time twiddling things last night to no avail...

OK maybe it was getting late.    p.s. Manx user

	-ross

johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (John Lindwall) (10/23/89)

In article <1989Oct20.171110.2479@aucs.uucp> 850031m@aucs.UUCP (GORDON R. MAC GREGOR) writes:
>Has anyone ever encountered an annoying "feature" with Image'es that
>causes them not to be displayed on a window (or display garbage)?

Yes, I have seen this annoying feature - and 9 times out of 10 it is because
I forgot to tell the linker to stick my bitplane data into CHIP ram.  Make
sure you are doing this - I think it is +Cd on the link command line.
Good luck!
John Lindwall                            johnl@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM
           "Above opinions are my own, not my employer's"
Amiga PenPal V1.1 for sale: $90. All original disks, manual, box. Registration.