[comp.sys.amiga.tech] Shared Libraries

dean.gaudet@canremote.uucp (DEAN GAUDET) (10/20/89)

I have a project that I'm working on that involves creating a shared
library.  I understand how to create one, but I don't know the
limitations on using one.  (I'm writing it in Lattice C 5.02.)

In particular:  can I use dos functions?  I ask this because the XPR
specs use callbacks for dos functions.  I understand why XPR would need
callbacks for doing Serial I/O, but not why it would need callbacks for
file i/o.

Also, if I do a FindTask(0) during the Opening of my library (ie: when
another program does an OpenLibrary) will I get a pointer to the tcb of
the calling task?  Could I use this pointer to set up a separate data
structure for each calling task?

Thanks in advance.

Dean Gaudet - dgaudet@watcsc.waterloo.edu - dean.gaudet@canremote.uucp
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1R

valentin@cbmvax.UUCP (Valentin Pepelea) (10/25/89)

In article <89102003371222@masnet.uucp> dean.gaudet@canremote.uucp (DEAN GAUDET) writes:
>I have a project that I'm working on that involves creating a shared
>library.  I understand how to create one, but I don't know the
>limitations on using one.  (I'm writing it in Lattice C 5.02.)
>
>In particular:  can I use dos functions?  I ask this because the XPR
>specs use callbacks for dos functions.  I understand why XPR would need
>callbacks for doing Serial I/O, but not why it would need callbacks for
>file i/o.

One limitation you would have to specify is wether your library is callable by
tasks or only by processes. The dos.library is an example of a library only
callable by processes.

Valentin
--
"An  operating  system  without        Name:    Valentin Pepelea
 virtual memory is an operating        Phone:   (215) 431-9100