[comp.sys.amiga.tech] KEYBOARD/DRIVE

tlbaltad@pacengr.UUCP (Tim Baltad) (10/22/89)

For anyone who cares:

I do indeed have the 2000 keyboard working on my 1000. (was down-right
easy and simple). Anyone wishing the how-to's send me mail and I'll
respond.

BTW someone asked where you can get a replacement drive for the Amiga.
The answer is anywhere they sell 3.5" drives. In addition to the NEC and
Matsushita, I've run a Sony and a Fujitsu on my 1000, in the external
box with no probs what-so-ever. Just plug em in and go.

You may have a small problem matching holes up, but it hasn't stopped me

vic.rocha@canremote.uucp (VIC ROCHA) (10/26/89)

>From: tlbaltad@pacengr.UUCP (Tim Baltad)
>Orga: Pacific Access, Sacramento, CA.

>I do indeed have the 2000 keyboard working on my 1000. (was down-right
>easy and simple). Anyone wishing the how-to's send me mail and I'll
>respond.

Ok Tim, being a 1000 owner myself, here's mail!!  ;-)  (didn't want to
chance the `email bounce' route, besides, there may be others listening
in that would like to know!).

If it's not a looong `how-to' could you please post it here?  (It is
after all only 4 wires on the 1000 to 5 wires on the 2000, right?).
Are all the keys recognized with a simple `SetMap usa1' in the s:s-s?
Any speed differences?  Does it work properly with Janus v2.0 on the
Sidecar (or should that be does Janus v2.0 work properly?).

Thanks in advance!  ;-)

VIC

---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1R